Thursday, May 31, 2007

for your reading pleasure

There's nothing like a little tidying-up to lift one's blog depression.

You may have noticed that I added a customized Google search feature over on the right hand side there. Remember when I made that big pot of pink pudding? Or the shortbread barnyard? You can now search for those posts instead of trying to remember which month they were in.

You may also have noticed that my e-mail address (located near the upper-right corner) has changed: it is now tinybanquet [at] gmail dot com. Personally I find this refreshing; handing out a Yahoo address was a bit like walking around in petticoats and a monocle.

There will be a few more little changes during the next week or two and I want to apologize in advance to those of you who read my RSS feed: I am going to be adding labels to some of my older posts and will also be enlarging some of the photos to match the size I currently use, and as a result these posts may show up as new in your RSS reader. Hopefully that won't happen, but it's a possibility.

I'm planning to use the labels on the posts to create a menu from which someone can choose to view, say, only soup recipes, or only vegetarian recipes, etcetera, etcetera. As for the photo sizes, the template I started out using was a little cramped, and some of the photos were smaller than they need to be. If you spot a dog hair in any of the newly-enlarged photos, e-mail me and I'll send you a suitably cheap trinket.

Not sure what an RSS reader is? I will explain to save you the embarrassment of asking someone snottier about these things than I am: it is a technology that allows you to smell the aromas from food blog photos right through your monitor.

Ha, ha! No. But it's really useful. It is a technology that collects the most recent posts from blogs and news feeds that you subscribe to, so that you can go to one place to see what's new, rather than visiting all your bookmarked sites. There's a decent guide to them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment